Melt in your mouth, perfect almond butter cookies! I love this recipe. These cookies are a perfect companion for a good cup of hot coffee or herbal tea. They are loved by kids and adults alike and are a great snack. Easy to put together and bake and so very tasty!
Today, I am sharing with you a simple recipe for almond butter cookies.
It’s a super simple recipe that you can put together in minutes. One of the reasons I love it so much is because you can leave the cookie dough in the fridge for a few days and bake a few cookies at a time as you want them.
Almond Butter Cookies – a Simple Recipe…
It’s a great recipe if you have a big event coming and you’re looking for something you can make ahead of time and bake on the day of the event.
And they are very tasty. Not too sweet, not too buttery, not too almondy, and again, very easy to make.
You start by adding 2 cups of flour to the bowl of the food processor…
Then add one cup of powdered sugar…
And one-half cup of almond flour…
Next, add fresh zest from half a lemon…
And lastly 14 tablespoons of butter (that is two sticks minus two tablespoons).
Pulse the food processor until all the ingredients are combined into a dough.
On your counter, lay a big piece of plastic food wrap and transfer the dough from the food processor on top of it.
Roll it into a cylinder shape…
And wrap it in the plastic.
Refrigerate it for at least an hour but up to a few days (3 or 4 maybe) if you like. I never tried freezing it but that might work too if you want to keep it longer.
When you are ready to bake, add one egg yolk to a bowl…
Unwrap your dough…
Brush it with the egg yolk…
And sprinkle with some sugar.
Roll it this way and that…
To make sure it’s all covered with the egg and sugar…
Then cut the dough into thin circles (about three millimeters thick)…
And set them on a baking sheet. They don’t spread or change shape much so you can place them fairly close to each other.
Bake on 350F for about 12 minutes until the bottom of the cookies turns brown.
Remove the cookies from the oven, give them a minute on the baking sheet to cool down and transfer them to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
They will harden just a bit.
Then, make yourself coffee or tea and enjoy!!
Here is the handy printable:
For the Dough...
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Zest from half a lemon
- 14 tablespoons butter, cold and cubbed
- 1 egg yolk
- Some sugar
- To a food processor, add the flour, powdered sugar, almond flour, lemon zest, and cubed butter. Pulse all the ingredients into a uniform dough.
- Lay a big piece of plastic food wrap on your counter tops and transfer the dough onto it.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder shape and wrap it with the plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate your dough for at least an hour (you can go up to 3 days).
- When you are ready to bake, heat your oven to 350 F.
- Brush the roll with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut the roll into thin cookies (about 1/4 of an inch) and lay on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies is golden.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let cool before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 45 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g